Friday, January 11, 2013

Make-A-Wish Trip part 2..... (Monday)

Hello Everyone...

Let me first say, I will do my best to keep these post minimal with the least amount of photos. :)  But I did soooo MUCH everyday, and saw sooooo MUCH, it's going to be tough!  
feel free to click on photos to see larger view.... 


Mom got me up early this morning so I could go see Mickey Mouse in Julia's Safari Theatre. So we are talking leaving the villa at 5am California time. Mom, this is nuts! But it is to go see Mickey, and I do love to get right up, dressed and head out the door, so I did. :) It sure was cold out, and I thought this was Florida where it's suppose to be warm. They were having an unusual cold spell, but out the door I went.

Here I am at my front door all bundled up.


At the end of the driveway, this is what it looks like on my right.


Straight across slightly to the right


Straight across slightly to the left


Looking down the left side of me. 


Then directly behind me is my driveway with our rental van and our villa. 



Now you can see the "rabbit" better with our name and number of our villa. 

So we headed off to Julia's Safari Theatre to go see Mickey. We went ahead and walked since the wind hadn't picked up yet. So out of my driveway, you head right and walk and walk and walk. Well in my case, being pushed and pushed and pushed up the road to the bottom of Avenue of the Angels where you turn right and walk all the way to the end where the theatre is. 

So here is the entrance to Julia's Safari Theatre. 


After walking in, next to where you enter the actual theatre room, you are greeted by life-size Alvin & the Chipmunks statues.


The inside of the theatre photo by Give Kids The World. 
Mickey was up on the stage meeting everyone. I had to wait in line, and it was so warm in there it made me a little sleepy, but the lighting really caught my attention. 


Hello Mickey Mouse... I am finally here... It was really cool to wake up, get dressed, get in my chair and head right up to see you. :)


Mickey signed my Mickey Mouses' foot


Mom got in for a photo with us. 


Leaving the theatre, Mary Poppins was out on Avenue of the Angels, so I stopped to say hello. In the background, you can see Amberville Train Station. Here they have a train you can take around (I didn't do it), an arcade, and where you pick up your fishing pole for the fishing pond that is here. I didn't have time to do that either. Depending on the angle, some photos has the theatre in the background. 




Train photo from Give Kids the World. 
Mom and I went to the Gingerbread House so mom could get some breakfast. Photo of Gingerbread House was taken on a prettier day later in the week. 


 Inside the Gingerbread House all the tables were for kids. So kids size, kids height. Mom said it was weird sitting in them. 


 This is the design of the floor.




After breakfast, we headed back to our Villa to see if the vest machine arrived yet, or to find out when it will be. Mom was very concern I hadn't had a vest treatment since Saturday, and on the way back to the Villa, it was so cold windy. It was a gloomy day too. And I am in Florida. What's up with that. 

Back at the Villa, mom found out that the vest machine needed to be ordered again, and wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. She didn't want me going outside due to the weather, but she wanted me to go do something since our time here was limited. So, we decided to go to Magic Kingdom. We had three days of tickets for the four Walt Disney parks, two days of the two Universal parks and one day for Sea World. 

And for Universal and Disney parks, we had this special guest assistance pass that mom had to wear around her neck. That created "magic" for me. :) The Make-A-Wish pin did some good, but nothing like this guest assistance cards. We found that out one day when mom left it in the car. 


Photo below was taken another day when the weather was nicer, but thought I would use it here. :) 
We left and drove over to Magic Kingdom parking lot. Well it was a parking lot for several parks and resorts, but it's where you can either take a ferry or the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. We choose the monorail due to the weather.


Mickey was showing us "this way" as we were walking from the parking lot over to where you catch the monorail / ferry. 





 I am at Magic Kingdom! 
Reminded me so much of Disneyland. 
Soooo many people, but we expected that with this week being a holiday. 



I immediately saw the white cat and pluto in the center area, so I had mom take me over to see them. So cool, get to see characters just after walking in. We were in the long line waiting to see the white cat; Marie when all of a sudden, an employee came over and said, "you don't need to wait in line. you just come right up and let us know you are wanting to see the character". Cool. Mom felt weird about that throughout the trip, but it really was cool. So, I got out of line and went right up to see Marie. Then the employee took me right over to see Pluto. Now, I can get used to this. :)









Some photos are taken with my small camera (I didn't let mom bring hers) and others are taken by park employees. We got this pass from Give Kids the World called a photo pass. All the photos they take at the Disney Parks, you get a CD of them for free. That was really cool!!! Unfortunately, Universal and SeaWorld didn't have that, but that was okay. BTW.. We didn't go to Sea World or Epcot. 





 As mom pulled out her map and character schedule, an employee asked if we had seen the princesses and Mickey inside this one bldg just across from where I was at. So off we went to there. On our way, we ran into Mary Poppins. Guess what?? It was the same Mary Poppins I saw this morning at the village. :) She said since it was so cold out, she changed into something warmer. I didn't blame her. It was COLD (low 50's) plus light wind that ripped right through you.  



I am waiting in line to see Mickey. Yes, some times I did have to wait in line, but like here, it was the fast pass line. Unfortunately, by the time I got to Mickey, I was kind of out of it, and my attention was on the lights. These places have some really neat lights. I sure like them. 






 Off to the princesses now... 


 












Then we went off walking to see what we see... This park is so similar to Disneyland. They were reconstructing Fantasy-land, but some things were still open. 


We came upon the end of the Shake it Show, so we watched the rest of it. It was really cool. Some of the parade participants came up to me. 












I went over to say hello to White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland...





Back to walking around again... Mom was trying to find Winnie-The-Pooh ride and them, themselves and It's A Small World, but we ended up being stopped by an employee somewhere over near this building where more characters were. She took us inside to each of the characters. She really was a sweet gal.




 Yep, I am starting to like Minnie Mouse... Mickey was no where to be found, so I think that helped.


Goofy was so much fun!! He spent a lot of time with me, playing, being GOOFY, and when I left, he went over to the wall and slide down onto his back as if I wore him out. Too funny! 





 



 

He was saying he loved me. 





We finally found our way to It's A Small World. Not very easy, but I think that is because of the construction going on in Fantasy-land. I had to wait a long time in the disabled line, but enjoyed it none the less. 




 




 



We went to Mickey's Dream Show. It was really cold out, but I still enjoyed the show.





  





I really like Pooh... 











 We decided to skip the Pooh ride since the fast pass lane was so long, plus I was going to go to this other parade, which we actually found our seats for, but the wind was really picking up, so mom decided we should go back to the village. Plus I had to get ready for the party tonight. 
  Upon returning to my villa, I had some gifts on the table waiting for me, including Candy-land game  theme: Give Kids the World, and a Christmas stocking. 


 




 This evening, mom put me in my pj's and bundled me up to go out for ice cream. That's what the kids do here. You can have ice cream in the village at the Ice Cream Parlor from 7:45a.m. to 9:30p.m. I have been gearing up for ice cream, so can't wait. :) 


Ice Cream Parlor - Yummy







I had Mint Chocolate Chip, but mom wouldn't let me eat the chocolate chips, but I definitely ate the rest of the ice cream (kids size scoop), plus a few bites of a second scoop. Mom had orange sherbet. I didn't want anything to do with that. I loved the ice cream!! Mom was excited. 
So this top photo here is the view looking towards the windows. The ice cream is behind "mom taking the photo". The bottom photo is the Candy-Land wall behind / left of me.  

 


We left the ice cream parlor and realized it was Mayor Clayton's Hare-Raising Halloween Party on the Avenue of the Angels! So, off we go. 
I got to go trick-or-treating as long as I held my own bag. I made fairy wings, a wand, and I got to meet so many of Mayor Clayton's friends. I loved being outside at this time. It was so much FUN! 
Checking out all the decorations along on the Avenue of the Angels. Remember last night it was just Christmas. Well, tonight it's still Christmas, but lots of Halloween decorations. 




trick-or-treating


making my wand



 My Wand                                                                   Meeting Mr. Mayor Clayton

 Miss Merry Mary & Mr Mayor Clayton with mom and I
BTW... The village has a volunteer taking photos like this one which I will get copies of on a disc at checkout. 



My Wings


 Some of Mr. Mayor Clayton's friends: 










 These guys were all over the place doing this and that. It was hard to get them to slow down so I could say hello, but when they did, they were so cool... 






 Okay, so I have outgrown, lost interest in Barney, but they still did come over, say hello and want a photo taken with mom and I. 


 Well, that is about it for my first full day at Give Kids the World / Disney. I hope you all were able to make it to the end here with me so you can be ready for Part 3. Good night! 














2 comments:

Morro Bay Hunter said...

Oh Kayla that looked like so much fun, thank you for taking me on that adventure with you, I'm tired just watching!

Staci said...

Thank you for sharing your WONDERFUL adventure!!!
Hugs, Staci